Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On the Road Again...

I think we're all off by a day this week, but oh well. So technically this post counts for Wednesday since I'll be in the car ALL day. Sara and I are heading out with my cousin, Melissa, and her beautiful triplet girls. It should be an interesting 12 hour car drive. I have spent hours preparing for this event by packing, shopping for snacks, and browsing the aisles at the dollar store for toys to keep Sara occupied for this long journey. She is not much in to watching movies, but I'm hoping if it's right in front of her, she will be at least slightly interested. Here are a list of things I gathered for this trip (thanks to my sister for her suggestions):

Books
Mini-Flash Light
Stickers, lots and lots of stickers
Little notebook
Twistable crayons
Band-Aids
Doll
Toy Jewelry
Squishy Ball
Sound making toys
Toy Laptop - purchased at Once Upon a Child for $5

I'm sure we'll be singing lots of songs and doing our little car dance, but I'm always open for other suggestions.

What are some tricks you have used to keep your little ones busy in the car on a long trip?

2 comments:

  1. there's something called a Doodle Pro. it's a magnetic drawing thing. Makelle loves it, she draws on it & erases it all by herself

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the books available from the AAA office. Each book has a section with historical information/fun facts. As we drive through a city or small town, we read the little paragraph about it. Sometimes it is really interesting to my littles(like how the St. Louis Arch was built), other times just silly (like the town that made the largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich) but always results in conversation.

    ReplyDelete