Thursday, June 3, 2010

Who I am and why I am here:

Let me start off by telling you a little bit about myself. I am a stay at home mom of a very happy, energetic, and silly 20 month old named Sara. My husband and I were married 4 1/2 years before we had her. During that time I graduated from college, enjoyed a great career, and traveled the world. Becoming a mother is something I always wanted to do, I just wasn't sure I'd ever feel ready.

I could never have comprehended all that motherhood had in store for me, but it has been the hardest, most exciting, tiredest, most rewarding time of my life. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't feel grateful for the joy Sara brings in to my life. But in order for this blog to be a true success, I must be completely honest about my experience. Please do not judge me or act like you haven't ever felt this way before.

Sometimes I have felt like I will never be good enough, a complete failure, and that I'm not capable of such an incredible responsibility. Then I remind myself that I am Sara's mom and she needs me and there is no one that could be a better mother for her than I can be. Of course, along with that comes the countless questions that arise each and every day as I'm trying to find out how to be the mom she needs.

My goal of this blog is to be a tool for mother's everywhere to answer the simple, and maybe the not so simple, questions of every day things when dealing with being a mom.

3 comments:

  1. GREAT!! cant wait for it to get going!! I love talking about mom stuff!! This is Valerie...it made me choose between all those choices before letting me post it and i did not know what to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. It seems like no one can really know the incredible and terrifying experience of parenthood until you're already there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Sister! This sounds like a fun blog and you can count I'll be reading. Seriously... how are we supposed to know how to be better mom's if we don't talk about it, research it, vent, ask, listen... it's all a journey. And you are so right... only we can be the mother of our own children. And we can be great, even if we aren't perfect.

    ReplyDelete