Sunday, July 11, 2010

Date Night

Last night my husband and I got to go out on a date. :) My sweet sister came over and babysat for us, and we went into town to run a bunch of errands. It wasn't your typical dinner and a movie date, but I don't really think it matters so much what you do. What's important is to get out and do something together.

At this point in life, we can't afford to pay a babysitter to come every week for date night. So, we have to improvise. We are very lucky to have family that live 10 miles away, so they help out a lot with babysitting. We have to be careful to not abuse and over-use. Most of the time, we just do something together at home after the kids go to bed. We'll get a movie, work in our yard together, or just talk. But I also think it's important to actually get out of the house and do something as a couple whenever possible.

How do you decide how much to pay the babysitter?

3 comments:

  1. we rarely get one too cause its expensive to go do something and then pay for a babysitter. I ask the girl what they charge and if they do not tell me a price(which I think they are too shy to) then I just decide and its $5 an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paid a baby-sitter for the first time on Saturday. Augh!! With only 1 kid, I think it's pretty fair to pay $5/hr. When I have more, I will probably just add a dollar for each kid. Hopefully by then the $20 I shelled out won't hurt so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pay my sitters well, so that they are nice to my kids. I also tell them and their moms that I DO NOT want them to clean my house. I remember feeling so stressed about getting peoples kids in the bath and to bed so I could do the 7 days worth of their undone dishes. My house is generally clean, but I remind them each time to please play with my kids and not clean my house.

    ReplyDelete