Sunday, August 8, 2010

Service

(I wrote this post Sunday and forgot to post it)

Church today was all about service. It made me think of all the incredible blessings that I have received because of service. This has been a particularly challenging week and our family has been blessed by so many simple acts of service from baby-sitting, flowers, cookies, phone calls, text messages... and more. I feel so fortunate to have great friends and loved ones who care about us enough to find ways to help any way they can. As mothers, we serve our families every day. But what about us?

In what ways have you received service that has made a difference in your life?

Maybe we could each take a few minutes and think about how we can serve the mothers in our lives. Our own mothers, our neighbors, our friends... I know for one, I am always willing to serve by sampling cookie dough or taking left over food from a big event, or even letting you watch my kid because she is just so cute! ;) Just kidding. But really, I think we could all benefit from a little motherly service from time to time. And not just on Mother's day!

1 comment:

  1. We started the service heart. We do a service for someone & leave the heart in the place where the service took place. My kids are so willing to serve me; I get the heart the majority of the time because somebody is always doing something for me. I get my bed made, the clothes folded & put away, the toys picked up without asking, floor swept... the list goes on. I love that we have an excuse to do something nice EVERYDAY!

    ReplyDelete