Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good Books

This is going to be a post that will also be followed up with  a post-edit. But, in order to finish writing it, I am curious;

What lessons have you learned from good literature that have helped you in your lives? 

Don't worry, if you need a week to think about it, I will ask this same question at the end of next weeks post.

I have learned many lessons from good literature. Some of the ones that have stuck with me are:

From David Copperfield :“Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.” — Charles Dickens, 

From MockingjaySome walks you have to take alone-Suzanne Collins

Next week I will be posting on something I learned from the King James Version of the Holy Bible. Regardless of what religion you choose or choose not to follow, the Bible is still a piece of literature, and an  incredible book. And it has a lot of important messages; and a lot of messages that we can follow as mothers.

My post next week will be called: Martha vs. Mary.

Tuesdays in Tucson
Reading and learning,
Brandi

1 comment:

  1. From "The Glass Castle", but Jeanette Walls (one of my favorite books EVER) - It could be worse... so so so much worse.

    ReplyDelete