Friday, November 12, 2010

There and Back

Cameron is taking a "guys trip" to South Bend this weekend to see the Utes play Notre Dame. After last weeks loss to TCU, let's hope they actually show up. He has been super excited about this trip and planning it for months. I decided I wouldn't let this opportunity pass me by. I made arrangements for Sara and I to travel about 2 hours North to Prescott, AZ. My cousin moved there recently and we always have a great time.

I packed the car up and we headed out yesterday around noon. Got to Prescott, hung out, went to Target, ate amazing pumpkin pancakes, watched my first cage fight, watched the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (seriously, Camille!) and chatted with my cousin. Sara went down for bed around 8 and I went to bed just after 10. I was woken up at 10:47pm to crying from the closet. (Sara sleeps in the closet when we go visit. Don't worry, it's not torture, it just so happens that her pack 'n play fits in there perfectly and it gives her a quiet space.) I went in and held her for a few minutes and put her back down. Again with the crying at 11:29pm. At my house I would have let her scream, but I couldn't let her wake up the whole house. I went in again and put her back down. I thought for sure that would be it, but no. More crying at 11:58pm. I couldn't fall asleep in the anticipation that she was going to wake up again, which she did. At 12:57 she was screaming "Mommy, Mommy go home".

By now, I was wide awake and it didn't look like either of us were going to get any sleep, so I loaded all our stuff back up in the car and we drove home. Sara fell asleep for the last 45mins of the 2 hour drive. We got home around 2:30 and I finally got to sleep around 3:30. So needless to say, I am exhausted. It wouldn't have been too too bad if Sara had decided to sleep in, but no. She was chipper as could be by 7am. Why do I torture myself by trying to travel with this little one?

1 comment:

  1. does she seriously cry every time you go some place? You actually packed your bags and left in the night? Omg you are brave. I would have been way to scared to drive that late in the dark. I wonder why she does that. Then did she cry the whole way home until she fell asleep? Hopefully you will get some sleep this weekend when your husband is home to watch her.

    ReplyDelete