Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Gloat Button...

At our house we have a little Gloat Button from Hallmark. When pushed it sings, "nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey goodbye."Although we think it sounds more like "hey hey hey, chicken pie." Anyways, we use it when good and great things happen. We will use it this week as we continue to potty train Henry (yes, Friends, I finally gave in). We use it so we can have a reason to celebrate and dance around.

As I looked at our Gloat Button today, I was reminded of a meeting that Law Students and their spouses were invited to during Law School. The man was Mr. Bischoff. As a counselor he said, the unfortunate thing about girls getting together is that they usually leave a group setting feeling worse about themselves than when they got there. Be it because of comparisons, catty girls, cliques, or whatever, this he said, was the case.

I made it my personal goal to only join in conversations where I knew I would leave with the same sense of worth I had when I joined the conversation.

That being said, let's build ourselves up today as moms. Probably for most of us moms, we work a mostly thankless job. We often go unrecognized, and our efforts are sometimes swept under the rug. That's ok, because we love what we do, and we are rewarded in the wet open mouthed baby kisses, the I love you's, the only-want-mom-because-I-got-hurt, and a mix of other beautiful moments.

Still, let's take a moment and BRAG. Yes, BRAG about ourselves.

I'll start:
I'm Brandi and I made cinnamon rolls today, while potty-training my two year old. I washed all the dishes, and I played super-heroes with my four year old.

Who are you, and what did YOU do!!!

Tuesdays in Tucson
Bragging about me,

Brandi

1 comment: