Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Years. I pretty much think New Years is kind of lame, but it's a good excuse to get a baby-sitter and go do something until 9 o'clock. As I was laying in bed last night, I was thinking of things to work on this year and one of them is going to be this blog. As I contemplated ways to make it better, I thought... instead of answering questions about motherhood, maybe it should be a place where we can just talk about the funny things that happen in our lives.

I look at the women and mothers around me and some of them just seem like they've got it all together. I know it's not true, and I need to remind myself of that. But... what is it like to be in their shoes for a day? It's impossible to really know, but maybe if we start to share the things in our day that make us 'normal', we will feel better about where and who we are.

Now I'm not saying we should be settling for mediocre; we can always do better. But sometimes it's nice to know that you're not the only mom who cleans the boogers out of your little girls nose before she takes a nap, so she can breath or that you too bribe your child with chocolate chips just to get her to take a bite of your yummy homemade potato soup. See what I am saying? Is this making sense? Also, I want to start including some pictures, not necessarily the booger picking moments, but of the moments in general that remind us of who we are and why being a mom is so darn important. You all on board??

And just to start it off right... here is a picture of me torturing my daughter by making her sit on Santa's lap. Just so we could capture this moment and put it in her wedding video someday:

1 comment:

  1. dont worry just yesterday I had to wipe the poop from London's body that she smeared every where after she pooped in her pants and not in the toilet...oh fun!!

    ReplyDelete