Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Unsung Heroes.

Sacrifice is a topic I have thought a lot about as a mama! I look to my parents and my in-laws as some of the greatest examples of sacrifice.

I saw this video on Sunday night. It is 10 minutes long,  but it made me think a lot about my job as a mom.




These soldiers fight for our freedom.
They fight for our liberty.
They fight for our promised land.
They fight for us.
I am eternally grateful for my own family members who fight to keep me safe.


As I thought about these, unsung heroes my thoughts were turned to motherhood and fatherhood; two jobs that require a lot of heroic efforts, but are often un-applauded. 


I remember my Dad telling a group of knot headed teenage boys one time that he was willing to fight Satan--if he had to- to save his own kids.It made me wonder:
                 WHAT DO YOU FIGHT FOR AS RELATED TO YOUR KIDS?
I am not trying to say we are soldiers. But parenthood teaches us a lot about sacrifice if we let it.

I fight every day to protect my kids from the evils in the world. I know that sooner than later they are going to have to go out into the world and face it head on. I fight against the belief that only two incomes can provide for my family. We have old cars that don't require a payment. We have furniture from the Salvation Army (that we love.)  I fight against my own insecurities. I fight to instill confidence in my boys.  I often fight to keep them quiet in church, but that's a whole different blog!!! Here's to fighting!

Tuesdays in Tucson
Fighting For My Family
Brandi

1 comment:

  1. I also fight to build confidence in Sara. I want her to develop an understanding of her worth as early as possible.

    I fight for her to be happy, but not spoiled. Finding the balance between having, but not having too much.

    I fight for her to know how much I love her by teaching her good things.

    ReplyDelete