Thursday, March 17, 2011

In to the Future

Every now and then I see Sara doing something and wonder if it's some sort of insight in to her future. Like the fact that she loves to color and make crafts. Will she grow up to be an artist? Or that she has become a master negotiator. For example:

Sara: I have two candies, Mommy?
Me: No, just one please.
Sara: I have one candy now and one candy tomorrow?
Me: You mean later?
Sara: I have two candies now, Mommy?

For the sake of her spouse, I hope she doesn't choose law school. But maybe she could use her great negotiation skills as a business executive. Also, she loves the water. She is a little fish! Maybe she'll grow up to be an Olympic swimmer. A couple of weeks ago she found a pole at a restaurant and was swinging around it. Hopefully that doesn't translate in to a future career.

I love the age she is at, but it is kinda fun to think about what she'll be like when she grows up. An artist? A missionary? A teacher? A doctor? A Dallas Cowboy cheerleader? A mom? Whatever she chooses, I'm not in a hurry for her to grow up, but I am sure excited to see who she'll become.

1 comment: