Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pampers v. Huggies

I have two kids in diapers. Hugh! It is so expensive. Last month, I decided to try out the Target brand diapers for my 2 1/2 year old. Wow, they did not work well. One morning her diaper fell off, so she dropped it on the floor outside of her crib. It seems like anytime I've ever tried the cheaper store brand diapers on my kids it has been a disaster...blowouts and leaking all of the time. I have friends that have only used the store brand diapers for all of their kids, and their kids never had a single blowout. I've often thought to myself, are the diapers faulty or are my kids just unique.

So, how do you decide which kind of diapers to buy? I usually stick with the big box of Huggies at Costco. We seem to have less mess with these. I have tried the Kirkland brand a few times, and they have worked well for us. A couple of months ago, I got some Pampers on sale and with a coupon. They are awesome diapers. My 2 1/2 year old could soak those diapers until they weighed about 5 lbs. it seemed, and they never leaked. So, is it worth it to pay more money for diapers? I've even looked into the reusable cloth diapers. My husband said no way. He's not real good with messy stuff.

How do you decide which kind of diapers to buy?

1 comment:

  1. Cheap diapers are crap..that is why they are CHEAP!! I never understood the logic with those who buy them and yes I have bought them in the past and regret it cause they were a waste of money. You end up using more cheap diapers in the long run cause they leak, dont hold as much pee etc so you end up using more in the day verses if you were just to have bought the good ones. I like pampers baby dry but that is just me. They always have coupons if you sign up on their website. Good luck deciding.

    ReplyDelete