Monday, August 16, 2010

Munchkin Music

I registered Sara for a class called "Munchkin Music". She is taking it with her friend, Nixin. They are going to be rock stars together! The class is offered through the local parks and rec. I think it will be fun for her to have something each week set in the schedule. But it got me thinking...

Can a 2 year old be too busy?

So she's not 2 yet, but she will be in 2 months. I go crazy being at home during the day, so we are always on the go. Library, Target, Wal-Mart, the pool, Toys 'R Us, the mall, Old Navy... Should we be spending more time at home? I feel like if there ever was a time that I had to stay at home, Sara wouldn't know what to do with herself. If we are taking to long to get out the door in the morning, she says, "Momma go, go, go" and pushes or pulls me. Maybe I have built a terrible habit, I don't know.

I know some moms that have their 2 and 3 year old registered in preschool, dance, cheer, music, and whatever else they can find. I know it's fun for them to learn new things and get involved, but how much is too much?

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of those that hates to stay home ALL DAY LONG! But with 4 kids I don't want to be out all day long. I try to get out once a day & the rest of the day we do circle time, centers, learning time, reading time, art time... the list goes on. My kids are busy & I'm busy too cleaning up after them & helping them learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone, at any age, can be too busy. Kids also need to have quiet time at home, and they need the opportunity to learn to entertain themselves. There has to be a balance between time spent running around and time spent at home, and if you only focus on one of these, your kids never learn the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Laurie that even at 2 you can be too busy. If kids are never given the time to just sit and relax they become adults who can't just sit and relax. *I am one of those adults and it make me NUTS* I don't have to be "out" but I have to be doing something. And some times I wish I could let the list in my head go away and enjoy life. So I think scheduling "relaxing moments" are just important as scheduling "out" moments. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete