Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 more shopping days 'til Christmas

I decided to get started on my Christmas wrapping last night. I got all of the gifts we have gotten for Sara out of her closet and laid out all of my gift wrapping supplies. How in the world did we buy so much stuff? Nothing is all that exciting or expensive, but there were lots of little things and those little things needed wrapping. Then, because my parents live in a far away place called Chile, they can only shop online. So I had the gifts they have sent, as well. Hopefully the in-laws show up with nothing otherwise we are going to be unwrapping presents ALL DAY!

How do you control your Christmas shopping? Do you set a budget, a specific number of items, let the extended family do the work?

I am really looking forward to having Christmas in our own house this year. Cameron's parents are coming to visit, but it will be nice to sleep in my own bed on Christmas Eve and for Sara to wake up in her own house on Christmas morning to see all the things Santa (mom and dad, nana and papa in Chile, and grandma and grandpa) have left her. She will be so excited - I can't wait to see her face! Of all the things I know she's getting, I'm anticipating her being most excited about the Toy Story wrapping paper she picked out ("I choose byself, Momma. I pick") at Wal-Mart. Oooh, how exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Our kids get two presents from us (Well, one from us, and one from Santa)This is going to be our family tradition in hopes to teach our kids the real meaning of Christmas. Plus,including the grandparent gifts, and the sibling families we rotate with, that's 6 new things! When I look around their room I realize they don't have enough time to play with all their toys.
    A couple times a year, the kids go through their rooms and fill up white trash bags with toys for kids who don't have toys (we donate them to goodwill or DI) They get to choose which toys to get rid of.
    Good luck!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete