Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Mom Cut

So you've all heard the expression "the mom cut" and "mom jeans". I know mom jeans were pretty big in the 90s and have since tapered off (literally). But why can't we be stylish and hip moms? I'm not talking about spending hundreds of dollars on designer jeans, make-up only from the MAC counter, and bedazzled t-shirts. I'm talking about wearing jeans that actually fit and don't make your butt look like it hangs down to your knees, even though it feels that way some times. And plenty of moms I know have beautiful long hair. I personally am not one to torture myself with it, but for those of you that do - it looks great!

I've always been a big fan of short hair. In fact, I don't think my hair has ever been more than an inch past my shoulders and when it was that long - I wore in a pony tail 9 days out of 10. I've had hair as short as an inch or 2 and I loved it. My husband told me never to cut it like that again, but I thought it was really cute. I'll have to find a picture of myself and scan it in for you guys. This being said, although long hair requires the daily maintenance that short hair does not, you do have to get short hair cut more often in order to maintain a style. You can always tell when you get a really good cut, because it grows out nicely.

My fabulous and beautiful cousin, Melissa, has been cutting my hair since we lived in AZ. She decided it was absolutely necessary for her to move because her husband got a job up North, or whatever. I don't really care because now I have to either drive 3 hours to get my haircut (with a 2 year old, that's not really much of an option considering what happened last time we were up there) or find an alternative method. So, here I am at a crossroads. I need a haircut. Not a mom haircut, although I am a mom. I want a cute, stylish, easy to do hair do. Here are a few pictures of things I am considering... you may think they all look the same, but trust me - they're not. Anyone with short hair can tell you. What do you think??




2 comments:

  1. Um, I think you would look adorable with the first haircut. I have always liked these styles but my hair is just so thin, I am afraid it would fall completely flat! And, I have a round face as it is so short hair always exaggerates it! Post a pic once you get it cut! :)
    Hope all is going well in your world! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen you would rock the second cut. I have a cousin who does great hair at ULTA if you are looking for a new person. She is not to far from you. No matter what you end up doing your hair is always great!

    ReplyDelete