Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sensitive Little Soul

It's just amazing to me how much of a personality little people can have. To think babies are born with their own identity, spirit and personality is just incredible. Lately I've noticed what a sensitive little girl Sara is. The other day in the car, she was pulling her pony tail out and I said, "No Sara, please don't take your hair out." And she looked at me with the saddest face, her chin started quivering and tears started coming down her face. I hurt her feelings.

A few days later, she was playing with Cameron and patted his cheeks. He said, "Ouch Sara, that hurts. Please don't." And again, her little chin started to quiver and she was crying. I didn't expect to have such a sensitive little girl, but it makes me think twice before I say something to her. I want her to know the difference between right and wrong, but I certainly don't want to hurt her feelings in the process. I can tell this is going to be something we'll have to work on.

What are some personality challenges you've had with your kids and how have you learned to manage them?

No comments:

Post a Comment