Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Delightful Five

Last week, I posted about today; my eldest son's fifth birthday! (Remember, the boo-hoo-hoo?) Well today a lot was put into perspective. We (meaning the boys and I) went to our local zoo. On a scale from 1 to 10, it ranks in awesomeness about a 1 but,  I LOVE it because I can almost always keep up with my kids!
Today, while we were leaving the bug exhibit, Lincoln wanted to race. Apparently I was not ready, and I was packing up Henry and Jacob too slowly. So slowly, that when I went outside I only stayed calm for about 3 minutes as I searched for my new five year old. Was he playing hide and seek? Did he go back in the exhibit? Then, I was frantic. As I started to describe to a group of moms about my missing five year old, I was a little hysterical.
They were so helpful and one went looking for my little boy who dressed himself today in a blue and red shirt and khaki shorts with turtles all over, plus his running shoes.
After we found him, I grabbed him and sobbed while he explained that after calling and calling and calling for me (reminds me pioneer children who walked and walked and walked), he decided to do the race himself.
At the point in which I calmed down, I realized:
I would much rather have a son who is growing up and turning five, than not having a son at all. 
Nice realization, right?
I am so grateful for this good boy who made me a Mama. I love you Lincoln.


Five years in Perspective
Tuesdays in Tucson,
Brandi
                                             (Lincoln playing Tarzan on the trampoline)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Big Boy Lincoln! Your Mom is in trouble next year when you go to kindergarten and discover there are lots of pretty girls. My girls still recall how much you loved them because they were pretty girls. I can't believe you are already 5 seems like just yesterday your family moved to Lincoln NE and became my friend. Have your Mom give you a hug and a kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete