Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Shadow

Recently I have noticed little things that Sara does to be just like me. Like the way she pushes her stroller around the house and pretends like she is vacuuming. I had no idea that when I vacuum, I stretch out with my right arm and lift my right leg in this funny bowling like kick motion. Well, I was watching Sara follow me around with her stroller yesterday and noticed her lifting up her leg and she stretched forward. Funny how you learn things about yourself by watching your 2 year old.

When we walk up the stairs, I hold my hand on the wall with my pinky and the other fingers don't touch the wall. Sara tries to copy just what I'm doing and she'll watch me put my hand up and then try to do the same.

I called to Cameron the other day and say, "C'mon Babe" and Sara said, "Where'd Babe go?"

If I say something she thinks is funny, she'll ask me to say it over and over again and then try to repeat it too. She likes to wear a hat if I'm wearing one and tennis shoes or boots if that's what I'm wearing. She likes to carry around a little bag she refers to as her purse and use her "own chatstick" when I put on my lip gloss.

Sara wants to eat what I'm eating and drink what I'm drinking. She wants to sit right next to me and cross her legs just like mine. She says, "I need...." and act like she's looking for something because that's what I do when I'm actually looking for something. She wants to push the stroller with me in it (not happening) and drive the car (only in the circle). I love that she wants to see where I take my class at the gym and sit on the bike after my spinning class. I love that she wants to wear earrings and perfume just like me and put lotion on when I am.

I love that for now, she wants to be just like me. It makes me feel proud to be her mom and so happy that she likes me this much. I know there may come a day when she's not such a fan of her mom and isn't at all interested in doing anything like me. But for now, I love that she loves to see herself in me.


She's chewing gum in this picture. Good timing, right?
Me and my little shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment